Saturday, October 04, 2003

"If only you believed like I believe, baby, we'd get by." - Marty Balin, "Miracles"

I know who I'm voting for on Tuesday. I'm not telling, as I consider one's political preferences to be as personal as one's spiritual/religious choices, but I will say this: the California gubernatorial recall process has pried up a few squeaky, even rotted, boards that have long covered the foundation of my political beliefs, and I am punching a hole I never thought I'd punch. Only one candidate has assured me they have viable solutions to the problems Californians have endured for years, not only under Davis' ill-fated regime. And, although this person and I would have to duke it out about a couple of critical issues, they are issues which do not directly inform or impact the state's current dysfunction. However the process was initiated (if I'd had an extra couple mil lying around, I might have done the same), we are recalling Davis because he fucked up, and we've been paying for it, and I'm ready to make another choice. Because, if I'm anything, it's pro-choice; there's one hint.

Another Hint: To my knowledge, my candidate's face has never been featured on a billboard or in the TV Guide.

Hint #3: I can't tell my mother. She'll threaten to cut a switch and spank my bottom raw.

The Fourth Hint: Friend and fine screenwriter Ted H. is very proud of me.

Final Hint: My candidate is not likely to win.

No comments: