Thursday, May 04, 2006

"We boil at different degrees." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Keep me occupied with those things in life that challenge and edify, that call upon my creative mind to think unpackaged thoughts, that make me reach eagerly for my wand of manifestation, that offer opportunity, that abandon apprehension, that heal hearts and demolish depression. Keep me graceful under pressure. Keep me in nimble search of the miracle, the gift, the truth.

Because if I am allowed extra free time, I am invariably tempted to overthink, a condition which begets the nearly irresistable idea of telling someone I actually care for to fuck off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, it's not exactly the Serenity Prayer, but it has its moments. I'd love to see you take a shot at the Psalms.... "My Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want, but if He pisses me off one more time I swear to God I'll...."

and so on, LOL.