Monday, May 08, 2006

Insomnibabble, Part One

Lulu and I are taking the Camry in for its 15,000 mile service tomorrow -- this -- morning. Miss Pooch is all a-snooze, but I can't seem to join her.

Instead, I'm
resisting the rest,
rehashing last Friday night's phone conversation with a beloved friend,
reworking a scene in the script I'm revising,
reliving a sexy Sunday afternoon last May,
remembering the last telephone number I had in New York (212.582.6598),
rewriting the previous blog entry,
regretting the "venomous" words I was recently reminded I spat at aforementioned beloved friend,
reviewing my schedule for the week,
resigning myself to the daily onslaught of change,
reciting the alphabet in French and Spanish,
restoring myself to sanity,
relieving my bladder...

...it's really quite impossible to get a good night's sleep when you're relegated to re mode.

No comments: