Saturday, February 07, 2004

"Do you suppose Stanley Kubrick ever gets depressed?" -Joe Gideon, All That Jazz

If I didn't have to think about the business aspect of my various creative endeavors, I'd be even happier than I already am. If there were no contracts to read and sign, or demographics to acknowledge and accommodate, or dollars to count and spend, if I could just write and produce and have people enjoy my work and compense me accordingly, that would fit my definition of career heaven.

Clearly, my right brain prefers not to know what my left brain is doing. And my left brain would just as soon take a nice long nap. Alas...

I admit, my current problem is one worth having. I asked the Universe for the task at hand, and it delivered. So it's time to shut up and put out...as it were.

Various herbs, elixirs and the unconditional love and understanding support of my friends and family are all I need, while I go off to write that which now has a looming deadline. Back soon...

No comments: