Saturday, August 23, 2003

"The future will be better tomorrow." -Dan Quayle

The week may have started with a boss concert by Bruce, but that didn't stop it from being brutal. Loss of one moving client and one mentor gig, ergo loss of critically-required income. Two betrayals of trust (one wittingly against me, one unwittingly by me). Still no definite answer on the HBO project. Business affairs holding up creative affairs on the Showtime project. Planes lined up on the runway and the fog won't lift.

I can only blame it on Mars, the planet of communication and conflict, coming so close to our fragile little Earth and wreaking havoc on otherwise sound plans and relationships.

And yet, the blessings of loving, golden friendships continue to flow freely, even as I question my value as a storyteller and my sanity as a human being. You all know who you are. I'll never stop thanking you. And never stop striving to be the woman you believe me to be. The need for perfection is a disease best treated by generous doses of forgiveness.

Let's all get a good night's sleep and see what the morning brings; Mars be damned.

No comments: