Wednesday, August 01, 2007

"Silent gratitude isn't much use to anyone." -Gladys Browyn Stern

"Sometimes it takes darkness
and the sweet confinement of
your aloneness
to learn
anything or anyone
that does not bring you alive
is too small for you."
-David Whyte

This insightful Irish poet based in Seattle is one of the primary inspirations for the documentary I'm producing and directing for my dear friend Adrian Marinovich...and the 3 weeks I've just spent on the road provided scads of illustrations for this particular section of his piece titled "Sweet Darkness." As life is wont to do.

I haven't written in quite awhile -- not here, not anywhere. Last night, I stopped my body and mind long enough to realize how much I miss it. But as soon as I'm finished shooting images, there will be words to reckon with.

Meantime, I'm off to be with my Vegas-based, health-challenged mom, who lovingly gave me the English language.

Oh yeah, and my life. Thanks again, Mom.

Sincerely.

No comments: