Saturday, July 09, 2005

"You think not telling is the same as not lying, don't you?" -Jack White

The new White Stripes CD is as as stripped down and raw as any musical thing I've responded to lately. Pick it up and prepare to be exposed.

It's a perfect addition to my current life soundtrack, as I'm as stripped down and raw as I've been in a long time. Making daily critical discoveries about myself, what I want to change, what I want to keep, how I want to live. A new recognition of the source material which feeds my psychological makeup. Acknowledging those aspects which can and must change in order for me to reach the next level of peace with myself. Re-embracing those crucial things I'd eschewed in the interest of accommodating the comfort of others. Remembering my purpose and my passion, and allowing nothing/no one to inhibit my progress.

This is the work at hand, the ongoing process, and I am doing my best to travel the higher road, finding a way to take uncomfortable steps with as much grace as I can.

And sometimes I just break down and weep myself inside out.

You, too, Jack?

No comments: