Saturday, July 17, 2004

For the record...

At the risk of sounding like I'm recreating the provocative "Crash" Davis speech from Bull Durham -- I believe in second chances. I believe in the magnetism of souls. I believe in the healing powers of open communication, understanding and forgiveness. I believe that our thoughts create, however unwittingly, those situations that best serve to allow our progress. I believe that adversity is the most effective proving ground, because I believe we don't learn the lesson if it isn't hard. I believe that God, or the Higher Power, or the Universe, has wisdom - and, clearly, a wicked sense of humor - far beyond our own severely limited comprehension. And I like to listen when he/she/it speaks. Even when he/she/it says that which I'm not prepared to hear (as is often the case). Even when it brings back to me that which I, for whatever reason, have rejected once and for all. I believe that very little in this world is once and for all.

Do you hold similar beliefs? Do you believe that, when we're given the opportunity to make the necessary corrections, we should choose to make them gratefully and fearlessly?

Do you appreciate irony?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where are you? You've been very sporadic in your entries, and I miss your writing. What's up?