Thursday, August 03, 2006

"I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork." -Peter De Vries

My PC crashed last night. It's had little stumbles in the past few days, but I didn't see this coming. Maybe if I'd known what to look for, I'd have been more assiduous in my back-up activities. Many documents are snug on a compact disc...but my ITunes (some of which are also on are on my IPod) are playing in Windows Heaven. And I know I lost photos. And several recent documents. And whole programs, Final Draft chief among them. And settings. Most of it can be replaced. But I couldn't sleep last night, too distressed by the thought of what I lost that can't.

Is it a twisted irony that I'm going to meet one of the founders of Microsoft at a dear friend's birthday party tomorrow night?

No comments: