Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Rewrite hell.

Or heaven. I'm not going to complain about the process, since it's what I love to do, and want to do for the rest of my life. How many times have I been able to say that before? Um...that'd be none. But it has taken me away from other things I enjoy and need, and wreaked havoc on old routines...my daily yoga practice has fallen off (a 20-story building), I haven't seen my beloved Lulu in what seems like forever (that's changing next week), and my former highly-organized self has left the premises. I don't need her while I'm writing -- in fact, she's detrimental to that process. But I miss her when it's time to go grocery shopping and pay the bills. She makes lists, and takes pride in checking off each item as it's accomplished. I admire her. But I'm in love with the writer. How can I keep both of these women in my life?

No comments: