Saturday, March 06, 2004

"There is no Mr. Right because there is no Mr. Wrong. There is whoever is in front of us, and the perfect lessons to be learned from that person."

A little "Course in Miracles" wisdom from Marianne Williamson.

What did I learn today, in finally exposing my heart to a man who doesn't share the exact sentiment? That speaking my true feelings was an act of bravery. That I can be loving in my acceptance of rejection. That I can respect the man's process without compromising my own needs. That I can state what I want, ask without begging, hear without whining. That I can be loved for who I am and still not be the one. That I can accept the possibility I am not the one for him, but I am a magnificent woman who is worthy of being the one for someone.

That open, honest communication can reframe the definition of a relationship to accommodate a new paradigm -- also a test of bravery, but that could be a very good thing.

That 15 years is a long time to some people. That six months can feel like one.

That you can't eat in the face of unrequited love because it hurts like a hot dagger in the belly.

Wait: I already knew that. Why did I need to get that lesson again?

No comments: